Wednesday, September 29, 2010

California in the Fall??

So yesterday at 6:00 p.m. while we were dropping Jordan off at soccer practice, I looked down at the thermometer in the car. I was in shock when it read 100 degrees! That's right folks, 100 degrees! I grew up in sunny CA, but I have never seen it reach 100 degrees, on an evening in the Fall, in Northern California, by San Francisco. What the heck is going on! I think Mr. Weather man is a little confused when in July and August it was tops 70 degrees and we were freezing cold trying to swim. I know I should never complain about weather (especially after living in Maryland and Texas) living in beautiful CA, but I just want to see some leaves changing color and smell that delicious coolness that Fall can bring!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That must have been the same day it felt like 90 degrees here with 100% humidity! I told Peter I live in Washington so I don't have to put up with humidity. Ugh! It was miserable! It's definitely been several months or really abnormal weather!

Grandpa-ma P. said...

I have a friend that commented...Mother Nature is Bi-Polar and she has forgetten to take her med.s....We heard that it was HOT is Cali. Sorry about that...Utah weather is beautiful and I am enjoying every minute of it!

Darcy said...

I hear ya! Downtown LA had the highest temps ever recorded on Monday at 113 degrees! It was 96 here at the beach...too hot to even go to the beach or you'd burn your feet! I'm SO glad it has finally cooled off some. It's hard to think about Halloween and Fall when you're still applying sunscreen. Hope you're keeping cool!