Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Rapunzel party

We celebrated Kimmy's birthday a little early this year because we will be in the process of moving on her actual day, July 8th. She wanted to have a Rapunzel birthday party this year, and I had a blast getting everything ready for it. I took some cute ideas from my friend Kimberli's blog, and even though I am not nearly as creative as she is, Kimmy was happy and all the girls had a lot of fun! My mom, dad, sister, and her kiddos came into town to help out, and it was soooo helpful having them here!

Instead of making a donut tower castle cake, I made cupcakes and put "grass" and flowers on them. Much easier!
 Annabelle, Kimmy, and Megan- 3 Rapunzels and their braids

 Kimberly singing to the magical flower- "flower gleam and glow..."


 For the goodie bags, I put the sun symbol on the front using a template from google, and then stuffed them with bubbles, crayons, jewelry, and a Rapunzel braid that I made for each of the girls.
We played "Pin the frying pan on Flynn Rider"




 Then we made Pascal party blowers

 Time for cake and ice cream




Some extra time, so we played a game of Duck, Duck, Goose








 I found the lanterns at the Dollar store.
What a perfect find to go along with the floating lanterns scene in the movie!
 Happy (early) 4th birthday Kimberly! We love you so much and think you are such a wonderful little love!

1 comment:

Kimberli said...

BOTH parties turned out so great! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time. I can't believe you made a Rapunzel braid for each kid... I bet they were in heaven!!! (what is with the "not creative" comment? so NOT true!) Happy early birthday to your girls.

P.S. Btw, Jordan's game sounded like an exciting one... the "sunflower seeds" comment cracked me up.

P.S.S. I wish I could help you with your move. What a lot of work! Crazy that its been 3 years.