Sunday, February 13, 2011

Romantic Countdown Day 7

#7- Miss Potter

I was introduced to this movie by my friend Tovi. She told me that I must see this movie, for it is totally my kind of movie. She couldn't have been more right. I have always loved the Peter Rabbit stories of Beatrix Potter, and I thought Renee Zelwegger and Ewan McGregor did a fabulous job. It is the sweetest story of this wonderful author, illustrator, and person.
and here is another clip of the beautiful song that is in the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCjfYLw79BE&feature=related

#7 1/2- Becoming Jane

A wonderful movie about the life of the beloved author Jane Austen. It is a heart wrenching movie, and I grew to love this author even more after watching this lovely movie.

1 comment:

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

Oh, Miss Potter is an excellent movie. Renee Zelwegger and Ewan McGregor are amazing in it, and it is a beautiful, yet sad, love story. And Becoming Jane is heart-wrenching but so lovely too. Have you noticed that the majority of our favs are period pieces? I want to pop back in time and just take a peak at how life was. When are they going to invent a time machine so we can?