Thursday, November 11, 2010

Give Thanks- Day11

11th- I am thankful for the Veteran
I am so thankful for all of the men and women who have served in the past and who are currently serving. I see the sacrifices that these brave men and women make everyday, and the sacrifices that there families make too. I have always been patriotic and have loved this country very much. There are several members of my family who have served in the military, and I am so proud of them all. Having a husband in the military brings the whole "salute our heroes" to a reality for me. So many of our good friends are currently deployed; friends whom we have had over to our house several times for dinner, friends whom my children have played with their children, friends whom have been there for me when I needed their support, and friends whom I have grown to love. I have found a couple of videos that have been put to songs. I love these songs, and I was so touched by the words, I could hardly sing along.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctVI5baftFo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNgLwNWHIdA&feature=related
http://music.aol.com/video/john-michael-montgomery-letters-from/john-michael-montgomery/1133313

My parents, sister, her kiddos, me, and my kiddos went to the San Jose Veteran's Day parade today. It is such a wonderful experience for the kids to see the men and women who have served our country walking down the street; men and women from WWII, the Russian Veteran's from WWII, Korean Veterans, Vietnam Veterans, and many others.

Thank you to all the Veteran's for defending this country and the freedoms we enjoy!

1 comment:

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

We had such a great day with you and your kiddos! They were so cute in their red, white, and blue! I'm so glad we came up there for the parade, it was wonderful.