A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.-- Marion C. Garretty
Having a sister is like having a best friend with you for forever. I am so grateful to have someone who I can laugh with, talk with, and vent with. There is a feeling of comfort and ease when I talk to her. When I am having a super hard day, I know that I can vent with her and she will never judge or be condenscending to me. She is just there to lend a listening ear. There were times growing up when we may have had our differences, and actually we are different in many ways. But I have grown to love those differences and try to learn from her strengths and apply them to my life. For most of our youth, we shared either a room or a bed, and I have many fond memories of those times. We would stay up late talking about whatever, sing songs, and laugh until our stomachs hurt. Now that we are married and have children of our own, our relationship as sisters has strengthened even more. I miss her when I am living far away, I cry with her when she is sad, I laugh with her when she tells a hilarious story in only the way Liv can deliver it, and I love her for the person that she is.
A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.-- Isadora James



2 comments:
So sweet! You have such an amazing family!
This post is too sweet. Oh the memories of those years sharing a bedroom... fun, fun. I love you too, Kristen!!
Post a Comment