I have the opportunity to be the music teacher for the little kids 18 months-3 years old at our church, and I love it. There are 3 different nurseries, each having approximately 10-15 kids. They are so sweet and loving every moment of learning these songs. It may not seem as grand to some as playing a symphony or being a world famous violinist playing in front of hundreds of people is, but for me just seeing these smiling, sweet faces get so excited when their music teacher walks through the door is wonderful enough. I have recently found the violin artist Jenny Oaks Baker, the pianist Paul Cardall (www.paulcardall.com), and the group Celtic Woman. I know they have been around awhile, so Iam a little behind. All are such beautifully talented performers, and I can't help but feel myself tear up whenever I hear gorgeous music like they play. Here are a few songs that I enjoy.
“Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.”
No comments:
Post a Comment