Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Give Thanks- Day 23

23rd- I am thankful for grandparents
Grandparents are wonderful people in a child's life. I have many fond memories of my grandparents. Reading poetry with my Grandpa Tringham, getting gum from my Grandma Kent, trying an interesting dish from my Nana Jo Tringham, looking over at my Grandpa Kent reading the World Atlas in my mom's rocking chair, and going to my Great-Grandma Eula's house up in Carmel CA. My Dad's mom, Lorena, died 10 months before I was born, so I was never able to meet her, however, I have heard that she was a wonderful lady. I find it sooo amazing how much genetics comes into play. I see little things that my kids do that remind me of something my grandparents or parents do too. For example, the interest in maps and atlases that Jordan has totally comes from his Grandpa Kent; Megan's love of dogs and animals and her fluffy angel hair totally comes from her Grandma Karen; Kimberly's cute personality and love of life is just like her Grandma Laurie; Jordan's engineer side comes from his Grandpa Paul; Megan's eyes come from her Grandma Laurie; and Kimberly's facial expressions are like her Grandpa Jim's. My children are very lucky to not only know all of their grandparents, but also know 5 of their great-grandparents! I know that my kiddos love knowing their grandparents, and look forward to seeing and visiting them.

Kimberly and Grandpa Jim- 7/08

Jordan, Megan, and Grandma Karen- 4/09

Jordan and Great-Grandpa Blackett- 12/03


Jordan and Great-Grandma Pieroni- 6/09

Great Grandpa Blackett, Jordan, and Great Grandma Blackett- 12/03

Grandma Karen, Megan, and Grandpa Jim- 4/09

Grandpa Jim and Jordan- 2/04
Grandpa Paul, Grandpa Laurie, Megan, and Jordan- 9/09

Jordan, Grandpa Jim, and Jamie- 2/06

Megan, Grandpa Paul, and Kimberly- 7/08
Grandma Karen and Kimberly- 09/08

Megan and Grandma Laurie- 2/08
Jordan and Grandpa Paul- 10/06

Jordan and Grandpa Paul- 09/09

Grandma Laurie and Kimberly- 07/08Great-Grandma Kent and Kimberly- 09/08

1 comment:

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

Our kids are so lucky to have such fabulous grandparents. And for your kids to know so many of their great-grandparents is amazing! Loved the pictures. The one of Kevin's Grandpa Blackett holding Jordan when he was a baby is so precious. What a cute little tyke he was :)...