Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Give Thanks- Day 17

17th- I am thankful for animals
I have always loved animals and feel so sad for them when they get hurt or are mistreated. I grew up with having dogs and cats, and loved every one of them very much. My heart strings are pulled and you will see me crying when I watch a movie about an animal like Marley and Me, My Dog Skip, Old Yeller, Fluke, or Where the Red Fern Grows. Having Sophie for the past 3 years has been wonderful. The kids have loved her soooo very much and she has been the sweetest doggy to us all. She has been our protector, entertainment, and companion, and none of us can imagine life without her. There is definitely something about children and having an animal in the home. Sophie is Jordan's wrestling buddy, Megan's pillow when she needs a love, and Kimmy's, well let's just say Kim gets kisses from Sophie. I must admit, when Kevin first came home with the idea of getting a dog, I was a little apprehensive, but I am so glad that we took her in!
Sophie cooling off in the pool in San Antonio

There are those kisses for Kimmy

Chewing on her bone

Such a pretty dog!

3 comments:

jeniferkarianne said...

Sophie looks like your world. What a beautiful dog! :) Sweet puppy to the kiddos.

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

Sophie is such a wonderful dog. She doesn't snarf all over you like some dogs tend to do, she smells good, and she is extremely well behaved. I love the pictures of her!

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

I just looked at the pics again, and she is especially cute in the one where she is licking her bone. Oh love!