16th- I am thankful for books
Lately I have been trying to read more. I have always loved to read and ever since going to college and having children, I have not been able to as much as I would like. Reading classic books has always been something that we did in my house growing up. My kids have so many books, partly to blame for that is me. I love children's picture books, and I have always thought it would be fun to be a children's book author. Some of my favorites are:
Lately I have been trying to read more. I have always loved to read and ever since going to college and having children, I have not been able to as much as I would like. Reading classic books has always been something that we did in my house growing up. My kids have so many books, partly to blame for that is me. I love children's picture books, and I have always thought it would be fun to be a children's book author. Some of my favorites are:
Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney

My 4th grade teacher, Ms. Doran read this to the class, and I fell in love with the colors and this read haired lady named Miss Rumphius.
Baby Dear by Eloise Wilkin
I have always loved this book. It is such a sweet story and the drawings are so beautiful.
Only One Woof by James Herriot
Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
Little House on the Prairie books by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Dogger by Shirley Hughes
Time For Ballet by Adele Geras
Tea For Ruby by Sarah Ferguson
I have enjoyed free reading again. Some of my favorites that I have read this year are:
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
It is hard not to keep listing book after book because there are so many good ones out there!
1 comment:
After reading this, we went and got Miss Rumphius from the library. I have never read it! Baby Dear is one of the best books... I love Eloise Wilkin!
Post a Comment