Saturday, November 7, 2009

I just finished watching a wonderful movie called, "Wives and Daughters". It is based on the novel by Elizabeth Gaskell, and I loved it! I never heard of Elizabeth Gaskell before, and I can't wait until Monday to go to the library and borrow her book. I have really only heard about Jane Austen and her beloved classics, and, although I have not read the book yet, I thought this Elizabeth Gaskell story was just as good as a Jane Austen one. I would recommend it to anyone! (SHHH! Tell your hubby that Kevin even watched it with me, and seemed to like it too!).

2 comments:

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

We got this from our library a bit ago, and it was so good! Adam watched it with me too :). We loved it!!

Stephanie said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you liked it. I LOVED that one! I saw North and South first and that one was a much different feeling, more like Jane Eyre, but SO good. I just watched Cranford this week and LOVED IT!!!! You HAVE to watch that one next. It had all sorts of humor, tear jerkers and romance. I really want to read the book. I had never heard of Elizabeth Gaskell either and have no idea how that's possible since I loved the movies so much! Let me know what you think of the books. I have a huge stack on my table right now so I probably won't read those for awhile yet.