Wednesday, November 4, 2009

HELP!

Okay, so I am having a hard time making a cute header for the blog. I REALLY like what this lady did http://thewhitehousehappenings.blogspot.com/search/label/banners. It is the posts where she has different banners for the different seasons with a mixture of pictures in it. But I cannot figure out how she did that. I even signed up for photoshop.com, but I don't see where I can do anything like this. Please help me if anyone knows how to do this!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Do you know her? Can you leave a comment and ask?

Kevin and Kristen said...

I don't know her, but I found her blog through my sister's. I guess I could always leave a random comment and tell her who I am. I just thought I would ask other people first to see if they knew how.

Kimberli said...

Hey. I've made collages through picasa. They have a "widescreen" version that makes it long and a grid option to divide everything up in squares. It works okay, but you don't get to choose where your photos end up. If you keep clicking "shuffle", they move around, but the collages you linked to have an "artsy" feel. I'll have to keep checking back to see if anyone else knows because I'm curious if there is a better way.

Kimberli said...

P.S. I really like the blog header that you have now though. Its always cool how you change it up.

Darcy said...

Hey Kristen! You know, I should know how to do this, but I don't yet. I'm pretty sure she did it in Photoshop though. I've seen something similar done on flickr.com, but it's a big square mosaic and not a banner. If you'd like to try that you can go to http://bighugelabs.com. They have lots of fun things you can do with your photos. You may or may not have to be a member of flickr (which I love and am addicted to). Hope that helps. I am currently saving up to buy photoshop soon so I will let you know if I figure this out. Good luck. And I love your current headers too!