My baby brother, James, is on his mission in Porto Alegre, Brazil. He is a wonderful guy and we love him lots here. If anyone knows James, he is a wonderful Uncle whom the kids just absolutely love. When he laughs, it is sooo contagious. When he walks into a room, everyone lights up. He was only 11 years old when Kevin and I were married, and we have watched him these past 10 years grow up into a wonderful "man". (It feels so weird to call my baby brother a man!) All of his nephews and neices absolutely adore him, and look up to him (literally because the guy is 6'7"). They have been attending his basketball and volleyball games in highschool, and then volleyball games at BYU ever since they were tiny tots. He is just a terrific person! The other day Jordan was asking questions about James and going on a mission. He was asking if Uncle James spoke Spanish down in Brazil since it is in South America. I told him that actually he spoke Portuguese. He said, "Pork-ooh-cheese? What is that?" I was laughing so much, I could barely answer him. It was sooo cute! He never forgets to pray for Uncle James and that he will be safe and find people to teach them about Jesus.
Jordan asked me the other day why I didn't go on a mission. I said I did... my mission was to become a mommy. Feeling proud of my answer, and thinking that would be a sufficient enough answer, he then said, "But I know some other mom's who go on missions and are mommy's too." Oh well, I tried. The kid is just too dang smart.
2 comments:
We will all pray for James too! I remember him as a wee boy! I can't believe that's him in those pictures! :)
Jordan is hilarious! He's way too smart, always thinking....
Oh, how we miss James. I love your tribute to him!
Post a Comment