Tomorrow is the first day of October, and (at least for me) the beginning of Fall.
I LOVE the Fall season, always have.
I love the smell of cinnamon and pumpkin spices.
I love the cool air that envelopes you as you step outside.
I love the crunchy leaves under my feet.
I love the gorgeous colors of the trees.
I love the beginning of the holiday season that comes with Fall.
I love going to the farm to pick out a pumpkin.
I love pumpkin pie.
One of my favorite Fall memories is when my family went back east in 1992. We went in October, rented a motor home, and toured up and down the east coast. I fell in love with Boston, a delightful city. As we headed further north into New Hampshire, Vermont, and Canada, the leaves just kept getting more vibrant and prettier. The air just a little more cool and crisp. In Sharon, Vermont, we visited the birthplace of Joseph Smith. Just down the road from his home, is an enchanting little farm where they serve homemade Maple Syrup! Oh so yummy! The family who owns the farm was very nice, and invited us in to their farm house. As we stood in the kitchen, smells of homemade goodies delighted the senses. An old-fashioned wood stove sat in the corner of the room, and everything about this place was so warm and delightful. I will never forget it. No wonder I love the East coast, homemade maple syrup, and the Fall season.
7 comments:
Oh, Kristen! What a wonderful memory that is! How delightful. I am seriously aching for some pumpkin pie and warm apple cider right now. Lovely post!!
(Hehehe. As a side note, my little word to type down below to sign in is "predfart". I don't know why, but it's giving me the giggles).
Oooh, I love the fall too. I've never been to all those fun places back East, although it sounds wonderful and beautiful. My sister served her mission in West Virginia and DC and always sent us photos. So, it's on my places-to-see-in-the-future list. Mmm, now I'm really in the mood for some yummy pumpkin pie!
That is such a nice story! :0) I love the fall too, and since I'm in the midwest, all the farms and trees are starting to turn colors. It's just beautiful, and almost makes up for the fact I live in the midwest! :0) But, I thought that the first day of Fall was the 22th of September??
I literally wake up happier in the Fall. I love Fall...and Maryland Fall's are just about the best around. Someday...if we ever leave here...Fall is what I will miss the most.
I was signed in under Greg's account when I posted my comment. Greg likes Fall also, but doesn't feel quite as strong about it as I do.
Sharon
I agree Fall is the Best. Yet, when Spring arrives I am always glad to see all springs colors. It is quite cool here today so I cooked a turkey. It was wonderful. Love to all!
By the way, I love your blog header. It is so festive, and really pretty.
Post a Comment