So I was tagged a long time ago from a good friend of mine. Sorry it has taken awhile, Stefanie...
Just a side note, this was really hard for me to come up things about myself. I have found that it is so easy to find stuff about other people, but you never really sit down and come up with observations of yourself. Or who knows, maybe I am making this harder than it needs to be.
10 Random Things
1. I always wish I could be better at things. I look at others' and their talents, and I wish that I could do something like that and do it really fantastic. Like when I watch a T.V. show or a movie, and sometimes wish I could dance, sing, or just look like them. It probably isn't the best thing in the world, but I feel a little bit like I have a couple of talents, I wish I could just do fantastic things with those talents.
2. I have come to realize that exercise for me is not very realistic. I try and I go through spurts of liking it (never loving), but then there are those spurts of just not feeling motivated.
3. When I talk, sometimes words come out completely twisted or wrong. Some people call this "Kristenisms". Like for example, for #2 I was going to put spurlt instead of spurt. Not a word, just a Kristenism. There are more, just ask Tovi, she knows what I am talking about.
4. My hair will always be my nemisice (sp?) in life. I am hardly ever happy with it, curly or straight, long or short, whatever! It has nothing to do with the hair stylist I have, because they have for the most part been wonderful, beautiful, and talented. It takes a lot to tame this lions mane. I think the worst was in highschool, my hair decided to do curly but I had bangs. And I grew up at the beach where there is THICK fog. So there would be days that I would be SO self conscience of my bangs frizzing up with the foggy weather. Like I said, it is my nemisice (sp?).
5. I mentioned this before in another tag, but I LOVE to see the lines in the carpet after you vacuum. It brings such pleasure, you have no idea. Most likely this is because that means my house is somewhat clean and that always makes me so happy.
6. I used to wear bifocals. Yes, I used to sit in my 5th grade class, and move my head up and down to see my teacher change shape as he entered the bifocal lower part and then move up to the non-bifocal upper part of my lens. Pretty comical actually!
7. I don't wear glasses anymore! I used to wear glasses, as noted in #6, but I wanted to be an Air Force Pilot sooo bad that I worked on correcting my eye sight. I applied to the Air Force Academy to live out this dream, but being the sensitive person that I am, I decided that being in the military probably wasn't the best choice for me. And if anyone has seen Annapolis, it is really very tough! So I chose good ol' BYU, which come to find out is not so easy either. But I have my degree, which was a big goal that I completed.
8. I have had several random jobs. Working at the cougareat can help me in this department. I have worked at Taco Bell, flipped hamburgers, cooked Chinese food, Pizza Hut, Hostess at a restaurant, the bakery at Albertsons, a bagger at Alberstons, the Movie Theater, a secretary, worked in the money room at the cougareat, etc. This list continues on and on...My favorite: The bakery at Albertsons and working in the money room.
9. This is a little strange, but I add up numbers in my head and see if they are divisible by 3. So if there is a number on any lisence plate, sign, whatever. An old math trick that just stuck I guess.
10. Last one...
I don't particularly like being pregnant (at least my body doesn't feel very good when I am pregnant), but I do however LOVE the little newborn stage. It goes by way too fast! I love how when they snuggle up on your chest, they curl up their legs. I love their peach fuzz all over them. I love how they smell so sweet and good. I love their precious little hands and feet. Not to mention their sweet and precious little spirits that just warm up any room. I only wish my body could feel good so that I could enjoy it that much more. I love my children, and although none of them are "newborns" anymore, and I probably won't ever have that again since Kimberly is our last baby, I have to look back on the day and remember the sweet tender moments of the day. The things they say and do, their little expressions, and just remember that even though they are getting bigger, they still give the best hugs and kisses.
Well, there are 10 random things about me. Hopefully they were interesting enough to read. I tag Olivia, Lindsay, Laurie, Erin, and Janell.
6 comments:
Cool. I learned some good things about you! I can totally relate with #2 :) and #9 (I do strange things with numbers too.
This also reminded me that you tagged me with a fun "5 things" post a LONG while back and I spaced it. Ah well...
is it me! i've never been blog-tagged!
I didn't know you did that with numbers! I am impressed with your math skills :). The lines in the carpet when you vacuum is hilarious. I can also relate to the whole exercise thing, but you don't need to sweat it (har, har), you are in shape and lean naturally. And I'm with you on the tiny newborn phase- love it! I just wish the old bod felt better and not so tired when the baby is so tiny. It is such a precious time.
Ha ha. I love reading these kinds of posts. It always makes people seem more real. I have to agree that I love seeing the lines in the carpet, too. Such satisfaction in such simple things!
Wow, I feel like we're kindred spirits with some of the things you listed (that reminds me of that time we watched Anne of Green Gables together - good times). The talent thing is probably party because you're a girl (oh how I dread my 2 becoming emotional teenagers), I often feel the same way. I must say, however, that I think you have SO many talents and I am probably not the only one who looks up to you!
Hey Kevin and family, it's Joy Dunyon. Sarah gave me your blog address and I wanted to say hi. What a beutiful family! Hope all is well with you all.
Post a Comment