Saturday, October 25, 2008

Politics

Can I just say how frustrating the media is? They are so good at persuading people to believe things that sometimes are just not true. The vast majority of statements that are about Obama are positive, and the statements about McCain and Palin are mostly skeptical and negative. I am tired of people saying that it is the popular thing to vote for Obama because he is eloquent and different. I have read a few things about both candidates, and personally, someone who has experience and someone who has valor and courage is someone I want to be President. McCain may not be the most eloquent or poised, but he tells us how it is. People need to stop being afraid saying they are going to vote for McCain because it is unpopular, stop listening to the media and all the polls saying McCain doesn't have a chance. Compared to others, I am sort of politically retarded, but there are a couple of moral issues that drive me to vote conservative this time.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Are you registered in CA? I'll be watching Prop 8 closely. I hope everyone's efforts pay off.

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

Well said Kristen! The media is so frustrating. I say a prayer every night that we can vote righteously, and not just for "popularity". McCain is a true American-hero, and I hope that the voters can see that. We are working hard for Prop 8! I am getting so anxious!

Love,
Olivia