First of all I want to start off by saying that I love Jordan very much and he is such a sweet little guy. However, maybe it's the first kid thing or maybe it's because he is related to his Papa, but the child is destined to be on high blood pressure medicine by the time he is 10 years old. Here are some things that crack me up about our high stress little boy. Whenever we are at the hospital, he absolutely freaks out about the elevator, making sure that all of us made it on, and that Megan does NOT press the bell button because we will get in trouble if that button is pushed. The whole ride up to the "?" floor, he is "protecting" her and making sure that nothing goes wrong. Another thing that he is very worried about is getting in trouble with the police. Now, this may be partly my fault because when the guy was very little I pretty much put the fear of God in him about police and obeying the law. It started out with making sure you stay in your seatbelt. I told him that if he got out of his seatbelt while driving, the police would pull us over and they would take him away from his mommy and he would never see me again. Side note: THIS IS TRUE! I wasn't lying to him. Has he ever attempted to take off his seatbelt? NO! Megan on the other hand... Which is another freak out moment from Jordan. "No Megan.. (imagine a very scared little boy voice), you have to leave your seat belt on. (starts crying) The pol;ice will come get you and take you away, hurry, mommy stop driving, please, please..." So when I totaled the Blazer last Fall (not my fault), Jordan didn't really freak out until the police showed up and that is when the tears started. He said,"but mommy, I didn't take off my seatbelt. I don't want them to take me away from you..." After an hour, he calmed down. Jordan is a little boy who likes consistency in his life. If anything, and I mean anything, goes out of the ordinary or we decide last minute to do something else, he becomes very stressed and starts asking questions up the ying yang. (Where are we going? What about Sophie? Are we going far?...) There are a lot of military families in this neighborhood and some of his friends are moving away. "Why are they moving" Jordan asks his dad. Kevin: "Because their dad got a new job somewhere else. And next summer we are going to move too." Uh -oh, that's right. A high blood pressure moment. Now he asks me at least twice a day why we are going to move, what will happen to Sophie, he likes his house very much and doesn't want to leave, and where are going to move to. Since we won't be finding out where we are going until next April, the guy has awhile to worry and wait.
Jordan can be the funniest moment of my day, along with a little bit of the frustrating part of my day. When he comes in the morning at 6:30 a.m. during the summer and snuggles with me, how can I turn him away and tell him to go back to bed. Always ready to give his little sister a kiss and he is sooo very excited for his baby to come. He told me that he will like to have a baby sister, (pause)... but that he would really like to have a baby brother. At least he will be happy with either one.
1 comment:
Ahh, I just love reading about your little guy! He sounds like such a sweet big brother! We really need to get together with you guys sometime - we miss you!
Post a Comment