Sunday, April 29, 2012

A visit to Utah

Last week, we drove up to Utah to visit with Kevin's parents and attend my brother's graduation from BYU.  I signed an independent study contract for the kiddos with their school for a week (it is so wonderful that this district does that!), went to my doctor's appointment for my broken foot (yes, you read that right. I broke my foot in March. Super great...), and then headed on out to good ole' Utah. We drove straight through on the way there and got to my in-law's house around 9:30 p.m. 
One of the many reasons why we all love to visit Utah is that my mother-in-law has many activities that she finds to do with the kids. One day, we split up into girls and boys, and the girls went to The is the Place Heritage Park in SLC. The girls had so much fun seeing the baby animals! We will definitely have to remember this fun place when it is open in its full glory in the summer!
Meg and Kim getting the wool ready to be spun into yarn
 In the old schoolhouse
 All morning long, Megan kept begging us to go to the barn with all of the baby animals, so she was completely thrilled when we finally made it there.They had chicks, ducklings, bunnies, kids, and 3 big Oxen.  







 Kimmy wasn't so sure about the Oxen. They were SUPER noisy and when she was telling us what they did when they looked at her, she says this with her eyes WIDE open. It was really funny.
 Brigham Young's farmhouse
 On Thursday, I met my family down in Gardner Village at Archibald's restaurant to celebrate my sister's 30th birthday. So delicious!!

 That afternoon was James' Baccalaureate and heard Dallin H. Oaks speak. 
 Then to celebrate both special events, the graduation and a birthday,
 we went to go see Celtic Woman in SLC
 Congrats James Robert!



 Happy Graduation and 30th Birthday James and Livy!

3 comments:

TOVAR said...

Broken foot!! How fun you were able to drive there. I bet it seems so close compared to driving from San Antonio. I am trying to wrap my brain around making that drive this summer (alone with the kids) and it terrifies me.

Kimberli said...

I can't believe we JUST missed you! Looks like you had a great time in Utah... We went to the zoo one day and I saw the sign for the baby animals. I wish we'd have stopped by there! It looked like it was a lot of fun and the zoo was REALLY crowded. ah well...

So when is the story coming of the broken foot?!? You poor gal!

Grandpa-ma P. said...

It was soooooo much FUN to have you here. Thank-you!!! I have some pictures I need to post. Good luck with your house hunting....we will be thinking of you. Love to all.