While the boys were having some Winter snowy fun in Utah, us girls went down to Arroyo Grande to see my family. We had a spring weather trip. It was lovely.
If you drive up into the canyon of Arroyo Grande, this is what you see:

Rolling hills, cows, beautiful blue skies,
skattered oak trees, and pretty spring flowers popping out from the ground.
My sister's friend, Mindy, owns a horse ranch up in the canyon, and we had the opportunity to go out to her ranch and ride her horses. The kiddos had so much fun, and I have been trying to figure out how to make my city slicker Orange County hubby to buy a house in the country because
it was perfect.
Meggy had so much fun riding the horses. She must have gone around at least 10 times!


Same with this little cowgirl. Kimmy might be getting a pair of cowgirl boots for her birthday from her Grandma, and nothing could fit this little lady more than a pair of cowgirl boots. She is after all our little Texan!


Annabelle and Meg on the tire swing

Kimmy swinging

My
girlies
On one of the days, us girls went down to
Solvang, a Danish town about 40
mintues south of A.G. We had fun window shopping, eating chocolate, and of course, some danish pastries!

We drove down to San Diego to visit with my Nana Jo. I have not seen her since Jordan was a tiny tot, so it was wonderful to visit with her again! She is always full of energy and I was glad to find her doing so well!
Of course the girls couldn't resist the pool, even though it was a little cool

She took us to this art sculpture park, and the girls had fun investigating. It was hot though (we are not used to that, but will soon have to be going back to Texas this summer...)
My mom, Me, and Nana Jo

Mom and Me in front of the Hotel Coronado. What a beautiful and lovely Hotel!
Then we headed over to the Mormon Battalion Historic Site. The girls had fun pretnding to ride in a wagon, dressing up like the militia, panning for gold, and pumping water to do laundry. It was a really neat interactive tour that the sister missionaries took us on.




We celebrated my Dad's birthday at Tahoe Jo's, a favorite of all of ours!

We had a wonderful time with family and can't wait to see other again!
5 comments:
Did I read that right? You are coming back to Texas? That adventure with the horses looks magical. What a fun and may I say cute mom you are.
You know we live in Texas... any chance we will see you this summer? Where are you heading? I love all of the pictures of you and your beautiful girls. Much more beautiful than the field of flowers!
We had so much fun with you guys, as always! I love the first picture of the spring flowers. So pretty!!
Looks like the perfect girls trip! And can I just say, I absolutely love the picture of you and Kimmy. So adorable, and that color yellow looks great on you! Glad you had a good time with the girls!
Kristen, yelllow is your color! Beautiful picture. Enjoyed chatting with you today, we do not do it enough. Glad that you had a wonderful time with you family. Nice memories for all.
Post a Comment