Thursday, December 22, 2011

Our little Reader and a service Project for the Wolfies

Because the Christmas season is a wonderful time of year to do service, I decided to have these silly boys put together care packages for two servicemen that we know who are deployed in Afghanistan (Matt Wilde and Dave Mosteller). I was told by one of the wives that they don't have a lot of American food to eat, just a lot of Afghan and Polish. So they put together peanut butter, Oreo cookies, Cheezits, hot chocolate, peanuts, and anything else American in the packages. Also wipes. I was told by the postal worker here on base that the men love getting wipes so they can wipe their faces and hands becuase it gets so dusty over there. The boys had a wonderful time!



Skallywags
A couple of weeks ago, Megan received the Reading Award for her class. She really is such a fantastic reader, and because she is a girl, enjoys it.

1 comment:

Kimberli said...

Do I know those two servicemen? Just wondering...

And nice job, Meg! I always thought she was a sharp kid... and so sweet too. We miss you guys! Merry Christmas!