Since February is the month of LOVE and being romantic, I have decided that the week before Valentines Day, I will post some of my favorite romantic movies. For me, all of these movies are sweet, romantic, and absolutely wonderful, and I am sure there are others out there that I have yet to discover. These are not in any particular order; I love them all equally!
#1- The Young Victoria
A beautiful movie about the love between Queen Victoria and her husband Prince Albert. Here is a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW3B-MK19_w&feature=related
#2 Anne of Avonlea
As a little girl I was absolutely in love with Gilbert Blythe. Weren't we all a little disappointed when Anne Shirley denied him the first time? However, this scene on the bridge is just so lovely and is one of my favorites!#3 Emma
Masterpiece Classic 2009 version
Emma- 1996 version with Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeremy Northam
A clip for you to enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDc-EeBUoL4
4 comments:
Love love love these movies! I have chills right now... didn't we all love Gilbert Blythe? And Mr. Knightley? Young Victoria is such a lovely movie!
Great choices!!! I concur most heartily with all your selections (I was trying to sound like one of the characters from any of those movies - how'd I do?). Of course, I have fond memories of Anne of Avonlea. ;o)
And, I have to agree that both versions of Emma are so good. I really liked the Gwyneth Paltrow version, but when I saw the Masterpiece version I was blown away. One of my all-time favorites!!
I'm adding these to my netflix queue right now. Can't wait to hear the rest of your favorites...
AMEN! I was surprised how muc I loved the Victoria movie. It was a random pick one night and was so pleasantly surprised.
Post a Comment