I have recently discovered Elizabeth Gaskell and her wonderful novels. She is the author of this wonderful novel, Wives and Daughters. I am currently reading the 600 + page book right now, and I am thoroughly enjoying it! For those of you who have not seen this movie or any of the other Elizabeth Gaskell masterpiece movies, then you must go borrow it from your library. It is a most wonderful movie (and book)!Here is a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okha99tGvB4
#6 1/2- Cranford
Another Elizabeth Gaskell novel, and another masterpiece classic. It is so heart warming and sweet. Another one that everyone must see; and now they even made a Return to Cranford that is just as wonderful!
Here is a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf1zh4j2l0Y&feature=related
1 comment:
I think it was my Freshman roommate who told me about these movies. I keep putting the books on my mental list, but I always forget about it. I just watched Return to Cranford and fell in love with it all over again. There's just something about the flow that she accomplishes in those story lines. Love it!
Post a Comment