Thursday, November 4, 2010

Give Thanks- Day 4

4th- I am thankful for my children.
They may at times be little stink bugs, but they are everything to me and I couldn't imagine life without them. Today, while Christmas shopping in Marshalls, I met a woman who was asking me all sorts of things about my cute shopping companion in her brother's cowboy boots. She asked me what I did before I had children. For most people, they can give an answer like worked for a major corporation, started their own business, traveled the world, learned 10 different languages, or did some miraculous thing that changed the world for the better. I had to say well, I got married, graduated from college, and starting raising a family. Although this may seem so unsubstantial in the world today, I definitely feel a huge weight on my shoulders to raise wonderful children so that they can make the world a better place. I was asking Jordan today how old he would be in 2020, 2030, 2040... etc. and when he would graduate from high school, go on a mission, when I would be a grandma, and I realized how fast these little "moments of magic" are going to go. As I sat around the table asking them all of these questions, I saw my daughter getting her driver's license, my son getting married, my little baby girl going to her first dance, and it made me realize that I need to enjoy them while they are little. There are times when even Mommy has to put herself in timeout, but I pray that I can learn to enjoy my sweet, little loves more and be able to capture those moments of love, tenderness, and sweetness that my children give to me.

2 comments:

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

What a beautiful post, Kristen! I love that you are doing a thankfulness post every day of the month!! Wow. You are an amazing person, and I am most lucky to have you for an example :)! That picture of you with your kiddos last Christmas is perfect, you are such a great mommy to those little ones.

Tania said...

Love this photos!

And we must be thankful for our ability to have children! After two years of struggles we are so thankful for everything that helped us have our children!!