Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This past weekend, we went down to Pismo Beach to visit with my family. We went to Avila Bay Barn to pick out a pumpkin, and went to the Pismo dunes to look at the Monarch Butterflies and enjoy the beautiful sunset. Although we were a little early to see the many butterflies that come there, it was such a beautiful weekend, and to be down by the ocean was so relaxing. The kids love to splash and run in the water, and I love the smell of the cool fresh salty air. Anna, Megan, and Kimmy at the Pumpkin Patch
My sister and me

As we were walking down to the beach, my dad asked me if I liked growing up in such a beautiful spot. And I was reminded of all the blessings that I have to be grateful for. Just like in the Primary children's song, "My Heavenly Father Loves Me":
Whenever I hear the song of a bird

Or look at the blue, blue sky,

Whenever I feel the rain on my face

or the wind as it rushes by,

Whenever I touch a velvet rose

or walk by our lilac tree,

I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world

Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see

the color of butterfly wings.

He gave me my ears that I might hear

the magical sound of things.

He gave me my life, my mind, my heart,

I thank him reverently for all his creations,

of which I'm a part.

Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love all the places you guys go with your kids. Makes me kind of want to move there! :o) The picture of you with your sis is PERFECT! You should totally frame that one!

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

These are such beautiful pictures. I love the one of Kimmy at the beach. She is so cute! Sorry we talked so late last night, I hope you got up okay this morning and aren't too tired all day...

Jamie said...

Kristen, I clicked on your blog from Kaori's-your kids are so grown up! and adorable as always. They're so cute. What gorgeous pictures! I hope you're all doing well.