Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Baby Dear

There is a story that my Mom used to read to me when I was a little girl called "Baby Dear" by Eloise Wilkin. It is a wonderful little story about a little girl who receives a baby doll as a present from her father as he brings home her mommy and new baby sister from the hospital. She feeds, bathes, rocks, and sings to her baby doll, right along side her mommy and new baby sister. My little baby girl Kimberly is such a sweet little mommy to her babies. Tonight she brought her baby to me to help her swaddle her and then rocked, fed, and put her baby to sleep. It was so stinkin' cute, I thought, "Oh, where is my camera right now?" I knew that if I got up, it would end. But she didn't, and here are some pictures of my sweet little girl.







6 comments:

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweetie! These pictures make me tear up. I love that book with all my heart, and I so remember mom reading it to us. I love reading it to my kids. Anna loves it.

We had fun with Jordan this weekend! All evening after he left, James and Anna kept saying how much they missed Jordan. He is a lovable guy!

Kimberli said...

Ah... we love that book too (thanks to you!) but I remember when you first told me about it, I thought it was "Baby DEER" and wasn't that excited about it. Couldn't think what would be that great about a DEER book. :)

Kimmy looks so sweet and grown up.

Wilde ones said...

Too cute! Glad the camera didn't stop her. My kids always get distracted by it.

Jennifer Bundy said...

I love it when kids are in that stage. My little 2 year old boy likes to take care of his babies- or stuffed animals or whatever. I like when he puts them down for a nap, covers them up, then comes and tells me shhh, nap time, bear sleeping. So cute!

Grandpa-ma P. said...

Just too sweet for words. She was the little mother with the baby doll I have here too. She has had a wonderful example at home!

The Jones Journal said...

I can't believe how big she has gotten! Makenna was so shocked that she is older than Ella. Kimberly was just little when we moved.