I am glad that the day is coming to a close.
It has been a very LONG one and I have not been looking forward to it for a while.
Baseball started today.
I love that sport and I love watching my little boy play it. But this is no longer T-ball, and there are a bit more practices and games. Try 4 days a week! So I knew this day would be coming, but why oh why do they have to put the opening ceremonies and the games and the practices at the most inconvenient times (i.e. nap times). Meg had a special birthday party today that I knew she would LOVE, and she did, right in the middle of it all. The cherry on top is that my hubby is in the city of angels for a G.I. conference. So I am flying solo. Thank goodness my mum and pops who decided to help me out for a bit today. It was so very nice to have them here, even though I know they wanted a 3 day weekend to do things around the house in A.G.
My day started off too early with Kimberly crawling into bed with me. Along with her new Elmo doll that her cousin Anna gave her. She loves this red little monster, as all little girls do. I proceeded to change 2 beds due to "accidents", wash most of the dirty clothes lying around, make waffles and eggs for the kids, clean the bathroom downstairs, put Kim down for a nap and actually take a shower and dry my hair straight. So yea, a pretty successful morning. It was a BEAUTIFUL day here in the San Francisco Bay area. I truly have never seen such crystal blue skies. The rest of the day, with running to and fro, went pretty well. It wasn't until after my little helpers left that all ... broke loose. We left the baseball game and headed over to Carl's Jr. It was empty, which is kind of nice when you have 3 ridiculous children and you are by yourself. Let's just say, that even though we were only there for a short while, we definitely left an impression. What is it with kids and public restrooms????? They seem to be drawn to them like magnets. The best part was when Jordan and Meg went into the men's restroom before I could get to them, and me sneaking in there to take care of my middle child. She proceeded to have the worst #2 (I know, TMI) and then dropped her party favor IN the toilet, which I had to throw away. Picture lots of crying now. Jordan spilled water everywhere, and Kimberly poured salt out of each of the shakers at 3 of the tables. After buying shakes for them and pulling into the garage, we realized that Jordan had left his baseball glove at the school where his game was at. Terrific. We drive all the way back there and pull up just as his coach happened to be leaving (due to searching for something they forgot) and he had the glove in the back of his car. Now we come home and take a bath. The kids think they have entered a theme park's Splash Zone or something, and now I have to do more laundry. Just great. The best part of the whole end to the day was while I was brushing Megan's teeth, making sure all the bugs are gone, Kimberly hops back into the tub with her sleeper jammies on. Yea. There you have it. The day in the life of the Pieroni's.
So as I was typing this story, I look over at Sophie and she gives me a weird look. That is when I notice my little flitter flutter asleep on the couch under Sophie's blanket. Holy Cow! When did she get there? Wouldn't I have noticed her at some point? I guess I better go to bed before something else happens.
5 comments:
That was a charming day. We have had to throw away some toilet spilled items and now have the rule that nothing can go into the potty room except those things that can be washed in the sink aka our bodies. I am glad you parents could come help. what did pioneer women do? Imagine all the crazy life with kids and none of the conveniences of today.
Oh Kristen! I'm sorry it was such a crazy day! The toilet/Carl's Jr. experience sounds awesome. Oh dear!
Wow, that sounds like a doozy. I'm glad it's over and it's a new day for you. Those kinds of days make me wonder how my mom ever had 10 children and think what a horrible mom I am that I can't handle 4. Ugh. Here's hoping a really good day is in your future soon! :o)
WOW!!! I remember those days...Maybe that is why I only had two. They are funny when you finially get over them. You even remember them fondly after your nerves settle. I told Megan I think of her every night I set the table for dinner. I miss my helper.
I loved it. And you will love this day more and more as it gets further from it. And it helps make all the "calmer" days that much better! You are such a great mom. A tired one, but a great one. ;)
Post a Comment