Saturday
The kids went out to eat with their Grandpa Jim, Grandma Karen, and Great-Grandma Lee last week to a Chinese restaurant. This was their first time (I hate to admit it) going to a Chinese restaurant, and they LOVED the Won Ton soup. Megan kept saying, "MMM, I loved the water (broth) in the soup mommy". They have been wanting to take their Daddy to eat at a Chinese restaurant, and Saturday we did. The kids were a little suspicious when it wasn't the same restaurant they had been at with their Grandparents, but they still put their stamp of approval on the Won Ton Soup at this new place.
Kevin and I went to go see The Fiddler on the Roof in San Francisco. It is one of my most favorite musicals EVER. I love the story, the music, ... the EVERTHING! Although I have been sick for over a week now with quite an annoying cough (any medicine suggestions would be great), and I had one coughing attack episode during the musical, and Tevye had an annoying voice I actually thought he was joking around or sick or something, it was a great evening out with my hubby. And to top it all off, the kids LOVED their babysitter!!! 3 cheers for that! Megan even said that she wants Breanna to come back all of the time. I forgot the camera to take a nifty neato snapshot of us outside the theater, like everyone else does, but maybe we will just blame that on the doses of medicinal intake I have had to do.
Sunday
While Kevin watched the Super Bowl Football game, I watched a show (while folding laundary) called Hoarders. All I have to say is EEEWWWWWW!!!!! It was sooo disgusting. There was one episode that wasn't too bad. It was just super crowded with stuff and they had piles of stuff everywhere. But it wasn't trash. Now the second episode I watched was this lady down in Louisiana, and it was horrific. They even found a decomposed dead cat and feces in her house!!! She didn't have any running water or heat in her house for over 2 years. So where was she going to the bathroom?????!!!!!
I have realized as I have been watching T.V. lately that this world is full of odd and crazy people. American Idol has a lot of weirdos on it too, and although you feel bad for them as they are criticized by Simon, you often wonder WHAT THE HECK!!
Anyways, that was our weekend. On a happier note, I DVRed the last episode of the BBC production of Emma, and I am super excited to see that! All I have to say is Hello Mr Knightley.
7 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend! I am glad the children liked their babysitter. Three cheers for sure! Did Tevye have an annoying voice?? Oh no! Was it not Topol like we thought? Hoarders sounds gross, I don't know how some people live like that. I would go crazy :)! I hope you like Emma, it is really good. Ooooh Mr. Knightley, you are wonderful.
Sounds fun! What a great weekend!
Suggestion for cough medicine: -----Tussin. Basically anything with an ending of Tussin...but it's prescription that works the best. Codine is the ONLY thing that works. I think you had what I did. A cold with a LINGERING cough. I took this codine cough syrup every night at bedtime (knocked me out) for a week...took care of it right away.
Good luck sweetie!
Ooh, that does sound like fun. I LOVE Fiddler on the Roof. One of my favorites as well. And, I haven't seen more than a glimpse of that Hoarders show, but *shudder* - it kind of creeps me out. Oh, and I'm also SOOO excited about Emma! I've seen the 1st two and can't wait for the 3rd!! I love the guy who plays Mr. Knightly. I can't remember who played him in the one with Gwyneth Paltrow, but I remember I loved him too. I guess it's just such a great character like Mr. Darcy!
Oh, I couldn't help commenting again! Jeremy Northam played Mr. Knightley in the Gwyneth Paltrow version, and he was delightful too. I rented Gosford Park from clean flicks a long time ago, and he is in that and sings and plays the piano and I thought I was going to die he was so cute.
So... why aren't you living by me anymore? I want to see Emma! And it would be even better with a friend. Boo hoo.
P.S. I love Fiddler on the roof too. Again... too bad we couldn't have joined you on your romantic date. :)
Oh AND, I watched Hoarders tonight. I loved it. Good recommendation. Although, it is sad...
Hoarders is a disgustingnhow. How fun for Fiddler on the Roof. I have only seen the movie, but it is
one of my very favorites.
Post a Comment