Friday, January 8, 2010

Where has time gone...?

Not only has a new year begun, but a decade has come and gone, and here we go for another quick 10 years. Life just keeps on going, and I realize that with each new wrinkle, time is flying by. I look back on the 2000 decade, and think of all of the many wonderful things that changed my life for forever. I was just a kid in the 90's, and young wife and mother in the '00's, and now going forth with being in my thirties (dun, dun, dun) and being able to raise 3 wonderful little youngun's who teach me something everyday and who I am so lucky to know and love. They are absolutely little rascals and are incredibly little curious monkeys, but they are so lovable, bright, and bring joy into my life every minute they are with me.

I am so grateful for a loving husband who is so steadfast and as straight arrow as they come. He is such a hard worker, and although, I wish he were around more, it makes me appreciate and love him that much more when he is near me and the kids. We met each other at BYU in early 2000. We worked together at the Cougareat, and our first date was Valentines Day weekend where we went ice skating at Seven Peaks. The rest is history... I will love you forever Kev!


Too be as inquisitive and bright as Jordan would be a hard thing to do. He is as sweet as they come and has always been my little right-hand guy, my buddy. Jordan is full of energy, and you should see him out on the soccer field! The boy can run SUPER fast! He melts hearts with whomever he meets, whether they be 90 or brand spankin' new.




Our soft little angel, Megan. She is a super sweet little girl who absolutely reaks of femine qualities. We call her our "flitter- flutter", because, well, that is what she does all day long. On her toes. She is so nurturing and caring, and takes a great deal of care in everything she does.


And last, but certainly never least, Miss Kimberly. She is our little life of the party and an absolute joy to be around. She is not afraid of anything, but is sure snuggly and kissable! (when she is holding still). She is so full of life and spirit, and we love her very much!

With the new year, comes resolutions or goals that we make. And even though usually I am really bad about keeping those resolutions throughout the year, I hope there is one this year I don't forget. That is to cherish my children. To enjoy every minute that I have with them while they are little. There are times in the day when I think it will never end. The messes couldn't possibly get any bigger. The wining couldn't get any louder. The job of being a referee will never end. But then there are the "I love you Mommy" times. The running to the car after school and saying"Hi Mommy" times. The snuggle and read a story times. The cooking in the kitchen with a little partner next to me times. And the hugs and kisses times.


And I can honestly say that

I couldn't imagine my life any other way.

6 comments:

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

This is such a sweet post, Kristen. I love those kiddos so much. They are such sweethearts. This has been a crazy decade for us, huh? We got married, we had our babies, finished school, etc. And such a great decade coming up too!

Johnson Family said...

Your kids are all just dolls! I want to pinch their chubby little cheeks. Especially your youngest. Also, in your other recent posts I just wanted to say I am loving your haircut, you look great!

Stephanie said...

Wow, that was so sweet. I loved the part at the end. Such a great reminder! I've been thinking about my goals lately too, taking my time so I get them figured out and set this year. My friend was telling me about a goal group she used to belong to. They have a buddy who keeps tabs on them and their progress with their goals. It kind of keeps you accountable to someone so you can't fizzle out. I think I might try that this year.

Lalomanusand said...

i loved those times! thanks for letting me be the third wheel in the relationship:)

Jennifer Bundy said...

This is so fun to see your family! I remember when you and Kevin first met and all that excitement, but have missed out on the subsequent years! Love your resolutions- maybe if I had some like that, I could actually keep them!

Grandpa-ma P. said...

WOW!!! A lot really has happened in the last ten years....Best of all, you and those little ones make me a Grandma!!! Well, Kevin did help some...