Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Nutcracker Ballet

Is being in The Nutcracker every little girl's dream?




It was mine. And I believe that after today, it is Megan's now. She already LOVES everything there is to do with dance (especially ballet), and she was very excited to see Clara and the Nutcracker dance today. It was very beautiful and the Sugar Plum Fairy, who is my favorite (and every other little girls') danced sooo beautifully. It was such a fun afternoon going out with my little ballerina!

Doing her ArabesqueMegan at intermission, ready to go on stage in Act II

A ballerina in training
Kim doing her Arabesque



Megan came home and couldn't get enough of dancing. So she put on some music, dressed herself and her sister, and they danced all evening. I was showing Megan the Sugar Plum Fairy's dance on YOUtube, and she naturally, didn't want to watch, but dance right along. She tries and tries, then slumps down on the floor and says, "Whew, this is harder than I thought." So cute!

LOVE the face. Not sure what she thinks of this!

I found my old ballerina costume of when I was a little girl, and showed it to Megan. Can we say that she is in LOVE?

Nice leap!

Now she looks like she is enjoying herself

Bravo ladies!

9 comments:

Grandpa-ma P. said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!Glad that you had a wonderful day with Megan and that Megan LOVED her date with you. What a GREAT mother.

Tania said...

So cute! I still have that outfit too! I have a feeling Anna will also be a dancer! They are so cute to watch!

TOVAR said...

So precious! I need to take Mia this year. I think she will be in heaven.

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

This is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Meg and Kimmy dancing in the living room. Megan in the ballet outfit. I totally remember you wearing that for your ballet recital when we were little! Kimmy's expression in that one picture cracks me up. Megan must have had such a fun time with you, and felt so special being on a date with her mommy.

The Vestel's said...

Kristen - I updated my blog to reflect my new address. It is in the top header section.

Naomi

Lisa said...

Hey! Could you email your address so I can send you a Christmas letter? Thanks,
Lisa
lisababe23@yahoo.com

Kimberli said...

Why didn't I comment on this entry? I remember reading it and thinking how cute it was... must have been pulled away. Anyway, I love your little ballerinas. We miss you a whole bunch.

P.S. Thanks for the Christmas card.

Lalomanusand said...

oh I am SOOOO jealous! Danika would LOVE that!

Lalomanusand said...

LOVE it! I wish I could have gone too!