Saturday, June 6, 2009
Stitches
So Jordan has his first war wound. Yesterday was Kev's graduation and that evening we were going to a graduation roast and dinner. We had been planning this evening for a long time, and greatly looking forward to it. At 5:00, 45 minutes before picking up the babysitter for the evening, Jordan had a big crash. He turned around to play airplanes with Kevin, and tripped over the sitting bench. Landing right on the edge of the bench, he tore his upper lip right through the muscle. I have never seen anything like this! I dropped Kevin and Jordan off at the ER, picked up the babysitter to watch the girls, and went back to the hospital to be there for Jordan. After waiting in the ER for 5 1/2 hours, he finally got stitched up. He got 8 stitches. Now I am not one to normally get queasy with blood, but watching them stitch up his lip and go through all the muscle, it was hard for me. He was the bravest little boy I have ever seen. All it took was a few shots to numb up the lip, and he was good to go. It was important to get a good doctor in there so that the lip line would match up as they sewed it back up. We got out of the ER at 11:30 p.m., and Jordan crashed the minute we got home, even with an empty stomach. He hadn't eaten since 1:00 earlier that day. When he woke up this morning, Megan got to see it, and her face pretty much said it all. She looked horrified, and her mouth literally dropped open the longer she stared. Poor little guy! It was the worst laceration I have seen (the pictures don't do it justice at all), but hopefully it will heal okay and all he will have is a little scar.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh my goodness!! What a poor guy! My kids have never had any of the serious injuries that required an ER visit (just a stress fracture and a dislocated elbow). I always dread the day it finally happens. That just sounds so heart breaking!
Poor thing! I think you're brave for watching all that! I can't handle when my kids get hurt, I'm usually on the verge of fainting! Luckily Duane's always been home when something major has happened and I stay home with the other kids!
Poor little guy!!! I'm sorry he hurts!
Ouch! I hate watching my boy get stitches.
My friend told me this story yesterday. Her husband was on call and had you (I think?) see the oral surgeon guys to fix it up. Was that you? and did Jordan play T-ball the next day? That's a tough kid.
Oh Jordan, pobresito! We're so sorry, it looks like it wasn't fun at all. We hope you feel better soon. Give him a kiss for us, Kris.
Love,
Aunt Livy, Uncle Adam, Jamie, and Anna
Poor kid!
We sure missed you guys at the roast...
My kids thought this was sooo cool. SOrry we will miss each other, Hopefully we will be ending up out there in a year. The kiddo's would loved to have seen yours again.
Post a Comment