Wednesday, April 8, 2009


We had some migrating African Bees come visit us on Saturday. It was unbelievable! Kevin went outside to fertilize the lawn and when I went to go put Sophie outside, I noticed that Kevin was frozen in the middle of the yard with bees flying everywhere. It is a good thing he didn't get stung! He decided to put on his BDU's, which still had bug spray on them from going to Honduras, and spray the big clump of them with the hose. I laugh my head off every time I watch this video.



Meanwhile, we are trying to keep Sophie happy inside. She really likes to chase the bees around the backyard and tries to catch them. So this was a tempting snack for her. This other video is of her going CRAZY wanting a bee for a snack. Jordan, on the other hand, was not enjoying this whole thing. He is terrified of bees or insects for that matter. He will even stay inside to play all by himself when he is at a friends' house and he sees an insect flying around outside. So to see this in his backyard and his daddy trying to spray them with the hose, it truly was living a nightmare for the little guy. He is my fretter, and was very obsessed with making sure all of the bees were gone.



Too Funny! You never know what sort of adventures you will experience when you know the Pieroni's.

Speaking of adventures... So on Sunday afternoon we decided to go for a drive because mommy needed to get out of the house. We were gone only 40 minutes and drove to a little town called Castroville just west of here. Here is what it looks like and who wouldn't want to get out of the house when the sky looks like this:


All of a sudden Jordan says, "Mom, this was not a good idea. You didn't ask me if we should do this. You always come up with trips in the car and we need to go home now." The funny thing is, since we have had kids, those car rides have decreased greatly. But before, there were many a time when Kevin would find himself trying to get our little Honda Accord over a rocky riverbed, or up a steep mountain, or driving down the I-15 with a mattress blowing in the wind on top of the car, or making our way down a mountain road in a blizzard and having to try and figure out how to put chains on the tires when it is dark and cold outside. Anyways, I have a tendency to put Kev in these situations when he would much rather stay at home and play basketball or wrestle with his son and dog. Poor guy!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can totally relate. Seeing that picture is MY living nightmare! I am TERRIFIED of bees. Poor Jordan. What a good daddy he has to go tackle the bee thing.
As I was reading the rest of your post I remember we used to do the same thing and you're right - the drives are fewer when there are kids involved. Sometimes we still try and the kids yell at us and get bored. Ahh, the good ol' days. I remember that Honda of yours - good times.

Boden Family said...

Kevin, do they teach you about insect warfare in the Air Force or is that just something you have to pick up as a home owner?