Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fun at Murnin Elementary

Jordan's school had a couple of fun events this last week. For one of the PTA meetings, they had all of the kindergartners sing some "Under the Sea" songs. It was really cute, and the kids did a great job. As you can see, Jordan had fun doing the hand motions that went with the songs they sang. This last week was Fiesta, which is a big thing down here in San Antonio Texas. The kids decorated shoeboxes and pulled them along as a float in a Fiesta parade. Jordan chose to make the Saturn V rocket. Sooo... Kevin had a lot of fun designing and making the float this year. He spent approximately 12 hours on it. Supposedly it reminded him of his childhood pinewood derby days with his dad and the "please do not touch" sign on his car. The parade was outside this year, and because it is San Antonio, it was naturally windy. As Kimberly and I watched Jordan coming towards us, I could see that his shoebox float was gone! He was pulling his little truck and holding the Saturn V rocket in his hand. Poor guy! He looked so sad! He told me that his float broke, but as I was walking along some dad noticed it over on the side of the grass. So, the wind blew it off of his truck/float, and Jordan was only able to salvage his Saturn V rocket. The saddest part of the whole thing, is Kevin. When I told him this later on that night, he said that just made him sick to his stomach he was so upset. All that hard work! Well, he should be happy to know that Jordan was so happy and proud of his Saturn V shoebox float, and also will love his dad forever for putting so much time and love into building it for him.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a sweet dad. Jordan is a lucky guy. That is so sad. The float turned out awesome though!

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

Oh my, I'm so sad that Jordan's float came apart during the parade! Dang wind. It is an awesome float, though! It looks really good-- kuddo's to Kevin and Jordan! I bet they had fun working on it.