As most already know, Megan LOVES to dance. She has calf muscles like no body's business because she walks around on her tip toes all day long. So, last Saturday was our garage sale and a neighbor up the street was selling all of her daughter's ballet/tap shoes. So, I picked up a pair of tap shoes for her. Megan has worn them everyday since then, and she calls them her "clap" shoes. "Mommy, mommy, they clap. See, watch, clap, clap, clap..." She and her little "girl" friends have taken dance lessons from a sweet lady up the street. They all LOVE it, and are all SO cute! They did a routine to "Singin' in the Rain" and wore little rain jackets as their costumes. Megan did a great job and I am so proud of my little dancer. By the way, she LOVES the show "Dancing With the Stars", and requires mommy to get up off the couch to dance with her. And it is not just any dancing. She watches every movement and every step those dancers make. So let's just say that when her little friend across the street let her borrow the movie "Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses", I think her little dancing world was suddenly complete. She memorized the movie and every dancing step they took. If any of you have seen the movie you will appreciate the fact that she would dance in the kitchen, going from tile to tile saying, "One, Two, Three... all the way up to Twelve."
Oh, sweet girl.
Miss Jeanie and her Seven Dancing Princesses:
Annabelle, Megan, Kyla, Elina, Katelyn, Kate, and Lucy.
5 comments:
How sweet she is. Tiago also fell in love with some tap shoes, but I am going to go find ones that don't tie with a bow at the top.
Ahh, yes. That movie is on almost daily in our house. Michaela and Addie also love to dance out that scene with the "step, step, twirl." They have a book version too. Lucky me. :o) Megan is so cute. I love how girly girls can be.
Love the "step on the tiles" thing. Megan is so cute! I hope she keeps those great calf muscles!
She is adorable! I bet the dance recital was great, the girls look so cute. She is such a little dancer, always dancing along to the movies. I know, those calf muscles are to die for!! Maybe I'll start walking around on my tippy-toes :).
Awwww... too precious. I love it! I love the girly girl stuff-- I can't wait to go through dance lessons & etc with my girls!
Post a Comment