Thursday, November 13, 2008

To all of the Veterans

While I was growing up, every Veteran's Day we would go to a Veteran's day ceremony at the local cemetary and honor those who have served in our military. Kevin had the day off and we had a lovely day together while the two rascals were at school. What made me contemplate the Veterans this year is something that Jordan's school did. The kids were asked to bring a picture of a Veteran in the family and they had a "Hallway of Veterans". It was very neat, especially since the school is where most people went to go vote, and as you waited in line to vote, you passed by all of these pictures of men and women who have served or are currently serving our country. Jordan enjoyed hearing back from his Grandpa Jim and Great-Grandpa Blackett and receiving their information and pictures. I am so proud of the brave men and women who have been so willing to serve our country. I was talking to my mom last week, and she was saying that she has a ribbon for each family member that has served or is currently serving in the military, and she now has 8 ribbons. Pretty amazing! So thank you to all the veterans and thank you to my family for showing me true patriotism.

Lt. Orson Blackett (Kevin's Grandpa): Served in the Navy from June 1942- December 1946

Airman First Class James Tringham (Kristen's Dad): Served in the Air Force from 1964- 1968

William Boyce (Kevin's Great-Grandpa): Served in the Army during World War I.

2 comments:

Kimberli said...

Cool post... thanks for sharing

Cindy Price said...

We should never forgot our veterans, beautiful post Kristen! I love the picture of your Dad in his uniform.

Thanks for inviting me to your blog. You have such a beautiful family. It's wonderful to see their smiling faces. You all look so happy!!