Saturday, October 25, 2008

Love Creek Orchards

We went to a farm today to pick out a pumpkin. It is a little different here in Texas where it is 83 degrees outside and there is no pumpkin patch where you "pick" your own pumpkin. But it was a lot of fun to do something as a family. The kids loved painting their pumpkins, going through the hay maze, holding baby chicks, riding on a tractor hay ride through the apple orchards, and throwing rocks in the pond. And although my allergies were crazy with all of the dust and hay, mom and dad had a great time too.
Have you seen the little Meg, the little Meg? Yes, I've seen the little Meg, she is wandering through the maze. Concentrating so hard.
Now most pumpkins are orange, but not Meg's. She has a purple pumpkin! Jordan being so gentle to the baby chick Megan being brave and holding the little chick
Sweet kids!
After this trip, I have been trying to talk my city slicker hubby into buying a piece of property and having a little spread of country sometime down the road of life. He is from the OC after all, and may need a little bribe or something to encourage him.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's funny about the heat - I forget that you're in such a warm climate! Cute pictures. I love the hay maze! My kids would love that! They wanted to do the corn maze, but after that time in Utah that Peter and I got lost I said no. Maybe once they're older!

TOVAR said...

Your kids are so cute! I bet they had a great time. It is too bad that the pumpkins aren't a viable crop here, but at least they could feel their fingers and toes unlike in colder, pumpkin growing climates.

The Kraus House said...

Someday when we leave Maryland I will miss the Fall season so much. Very few other places have such a beautiful Fall Season. Your kids looked so cute in their costumes. I'm glad your activity went well. That's always a great feeling. We have Super Saturday soon...wish me luck.