Friday, August 8, 2008

The end of my 9 month saga

Well, the little lady has come and she is now already 1 month old. The whole entire pregnancy was one surprise after another, so we shouldn't have been shocked when she decided to come early. I probably helped put myself into labor considering the stressful week we had before she came. First came Meg's 3rd birthday on the 30th of June. She had lots of fun and especially enjoyed her flower cake I made for her. Then on Friday, July 4th was the ward activity. My calling in the ward is the Activity Chairman, so I had to plan and carry out the main event. It turned out great, but very stressful. Saturday, July 5th the kids and I went to the Circus at the Alamodome. Kevin had to work that day, so it was jsut the kids and me. And then on Sunday, I had to work in the nursery with 30 little youngsters. That's right, 30! Monday I started contractions, and Tuesday, the little lady came. They say that spicy foods induce labor (never worked for my other 2 kids who were both 5 days late); I say just stress yourself out 3 days before you want to have a baby, and labor will begin. Kimberly came quickly. We got to the hospital and 20 mintues after we got in the room, she was born. It was a rush of excitement and emotion. We have had 3 weeks of family here visiting us, so now real life begins with having 3 little ones and a busy hubby. So far, she is a sweet and loving little baby, and I am so glad to have her here. Jordan and Megan at the circus


Megan and her flower cake



1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hi Kristen! What a cute little family you are growing. Congratulations!

Love, The westbrooks.